Children of Aya Moving
Half-Orak Barbarian, Level 1
Name: Saul Anvell
Height/Weight: 6’ 7" / 185 lbs.
Hometown: Mountain region
Physical Notes: Occasional scars, one missing front tooth.
1. What is your full name? Do you have a nickname?
I am Saul Anvell, daughter of Delion Anvell and the human Derith. As a child I was nicknamed “Stomper.”
2. How old are you? When is your birthday?
I recently turned 19, I was birthed on July 18th.
3. Where were you born? Where do you live now?
I was born in the valley of the Ayaspines, as the Ayans have named it. Now I travel.
4. Who are/were your parents? (Names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
My mother is Delion Anvell, third daughter of the Anvell mercenary family and full-blooded orak. Father is Derith…I do not recall his former human family name. He is a tanner.
5. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
I have no siblings.
6. What is/was your occupation?
I smash things for money and fame. Your kind call us mercenaries.
7. How tall are you? How much do you weigh?
I am…this tall. I do not know your Ayan measurements. I weigh appropriately.
8. What color is your hair? What color are your eyes?
I have black hair and brown eyes.
9. What is your race/species?
10. To which social class do you belong?
I need no ‘class’, my worth is measured in blood and bone!
11. Do you consider yourself to be attractive? Do others?
Ayans are oddly adverse to my kind. They don’t know what they’re missing.
12. What is your style of dress?
I wear leather studded armor. Light, but practical.
13. Do you have any scars? Tattoos? Birthmarks? Other unique physical features?
I have many scars, as testament to my battles. And one missing tooth.
14. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
BAH! I have no weaknesses!
15. Are you right- or left-handed?
I swing best with my right hand.
16. What does your voice sound like?
Ayans often remark that I have a ‘gravelly’ voice.
17. What kind of vocabulary do you use?
18. List three quirks or other defining characteristics.
My mother made my mace – it’s name is Skullbreaker. I lost my tooth in a fight with another orak child in my youth – he got a broken arm for it. I am…secretly fond of small cakes.
19. How often do you bathe? Do you wear perfumes? Do you even need to bathe?
I bathe when appropriate.
20. What kind of facial expression do you commonly wear (dour glare, wry smile, etc)?
The Ayans say I have a ‘brutish’ face. Hm.
21. Do you use body language? How?
She just chuckles and cracks her knuckles. Yes, I do. I use it to win.
22. Do you have a commonly used saying?
I growl a lot, does that count?
23. What is your earliest memory?
Watching my mother in the forge. She was fixing her weapon, the morningstar Night.
24. How much schooling have you had? Did you enjoy it?
I was taught in the forge and in combat with mother and the other oraks and orks. I greatly enjoyed it.
25. Where did you learn most of your knowledge and skill?
My mother. Father…preferred not to be amongst us, so she raised me and taught me the great Anvell traditions.
26. How would you describe your childhood in general?
Exciting. I would watch mother in battle and learn her techniques, then modify them for my own skills. It is making me nostalgic…
27. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be just like my mother – a proud warrior who everyone knew could be trusted to smash through any enemy. I wanted to make her proud.
28. When and with whom was your first kiss?
I kissed an Ayan man once when drunk. I kissed him, he punched me, a barfight ensued…it was magical.
29. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
My ‘virginity’ as your kind calls it is not your concern.
30. Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? Does that affect you?
The Anvell family is well-known in my homeland and for that I am VERY proud.
31. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
Being sent out on my own last year to make my own name. I will not fail my family.
32. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Not destroying every bar I go into? I am learning restraint.
33. What is your greatest regret?
Bah, an orak does not regret.
34. What is the most embarrassing or shameful thing ever to happen to you?
I lost my first mace in a river as a child. Mother had to drag me out because I stupidly went in after it, armor and all. Nearly drowned my fool ass.
35. Do you have any secrets? If so, what are they?
An orak has no secrets, except maybe in the forge.
36. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
Evil? The Ayans have called me that before, but their definitions confuse me.
37. When was the time you were the most frightened?
I am NOT frightened of ANYTHING. EVER.
38. Have you ever traveled outside of your country? If so, to where?
Country? Does leaving the Ayaspine count?
39. What is your alignment?
wherever the coin is, though I will not do dishonorable jobs.
40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
Optimistic. What is there to be pessimistic about?
41. Do you believe in a god? If so, which one and why?
Aya and Ithelion.
42. Do you believe in an afterlife?
I never gave it any thought.
43. What is your greatest fear?
I have no fear!
44. What makes you angry? Sad? Happy? Why?
Angry: anyone who shows me disrespect. Sad: missing the mountains. Happy: bar brawls.
45. Do you think people are basically good or basically evil?
Neutral. We make our choices and destinies.
46. What are your views on politics?
Useless Ayan and Ul dribble.
47. What are your views on gambling, lying, theft, and killing?
All are acceptable – only the strong survive, by any means.
48. How far will you go to defend your beliefs?
I will SMASH THEM ALL IN THE FACE.
49. How much do you value money?
Money means I can buy food and drink. I like both. Very much.
50. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any person/thing could do?
Kill children or defenseless people. There is no honor in it.
51. Do you believe in self-sacrifice for the greater good/evil?
No sacrifice, no victory.
52. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
Oh that’s just…silly Ayan muck.
53. Are you superstitious?
54. How much do you respect the beliefs and opinions of others?
It’s their business. As long as it doesn’t interfere with me.
55. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings?
I speak freely.
56. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
Ah…bi…ases..? Hm…I admit i’m not fond of Ayans or Ul, they’re just so…slippery. And tiny. And pink. Like worms!
DEALING WITH OTHERS
57. Who is the most important person in your life/un-life, and why?
My mother. She taught me everything.
58. Who is the person you respect the most? Despise the most? Why?
I respect my mother and all Anvells before her – they are a proud family. I despise the human politicians. Weak…simpering fools. Simpering, I learned that word last week, I rather like it.
59. Do you have a significant other? Who? Why?
I do not. There are not many of my kind outside the Ayaspine.
60. Do you have a lot of friends? Who is your best friend?
I have one or two back home – Grekk the Slenderblade is always good for a laugh. And Hart the barmaid. But i have no best friend.
61. How do you relate to members of the same race? Class? Sex?
I get along well with my kind. Most other women annoy me.
62. How do you relate to members of a different race? Class? Sex?
Most Ayans and Ul fear me. So i ignore them. Men make crude jokes, they are fun to punch.
63. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.
I…don’t know, ok?
64. What do you look for in a potential lover?
Strength. Bravery. A large weapon…..why are you all laughing?
65. How close are you to your family?
I am very close to mother. I almost wish I could write, but she can’t read either so it would be a useless endeavor.
66. Do you want a marriage, family, and/or children?
Of course, who wouldn’t want a dozen little Anvell oraks running about? I’d love it!
67. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
I argue with my fists.
68. Are you a listener or a talker?
I listen. It’s a good way to find more work.
69. How long does it usually take for you to trust others?
I trust easily – if they betray me I just smash them.
70. Do you hold grudges?
71. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
bah, why bother?
72. Do you like interacting with large groups of people?
It depends on if they have pitchforks.
73. How well do you express yourself?
I’ve expressed myself all over taverns.
74. How quickly do you judge others?
I don’t judge fast. Then again I tend to ignore a lot of folk.
75. Do you care what others think of you?
Yes. If they show me or my family disrespect they will pay. Painfully.
76. Do you have any enemies? How or why are they your enemy?
Anything I get paid to smash or that tries to take advantage of me.
77. What is your favorite pastime? Color? Food? Possession?
Fighting. Deep brown. Cake. Skullbreaker.
78. What are your preferences in arts and/or entertainment?
The pretty dancing boys in travelling groups are entertaining. Bar fights are entertaining.
79. Do you smoke, drink, go whoring, or use drugs? Why or why not?
I drink, merrily.
80. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
In the tavern or looking for work.
81. What is your most cherished fantasy?
My name becoming famous.
82. How long is your attention span?
83. Do you laugh a lot? What do you find funny?
I like watching humans ‘freak out’ when I roar. It’s funny.
84. Is there anything that shocks or offends you? If so, what?
Those who kill children or sell them for coin.
85. How do you deal with stress?
Smashing things. Or people. Or both.
86. How much athletic ability do you have? Artistic?
I am very ath-el-et-sic, but I cannot make art.
87. Do you like animals? Do you like children?
I like both.
88. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
89. Do you have a pet? If so, what is his/her name? Species? Fur color? Etc…
I no longer have a pet. I left my wolfdog Granger with mother.
90. What is your greatest strength as a person? Weakness?
My greatest strength is my strength. I have no weaknesses!
91. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Nothing. I am fond of myself.
92. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
93. Do you like yourself?
94. Do you have a daily routine? How do you feel if your day is interrupted?
Routines are boring.
95. What goal do you most want to accomplish in the next six months? Your lifetime?
Smash a lot – get famous for smashing.
96. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?
A renown barbarian mercenary.
97. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
Screaming and covered in blood, as I entered this world.
98. What is the one thing you would like to be remembered for after your death?
Being a strong and fearsome warrior.
99. What three words would you use to best describe your personality?
Loud, rocky, tough.
100. What would you risk your life for?
My family and the safety of my kin.