Children of Aya Moving
The little druid
Height/Weight: 3’1/33 lbs
Animal Companion: Koric the Barn Owl
Physical Notes: Estiel marks on neck and chest. Right arm is afflicted by the doll curse halfway to her elbow. Doll joint scars everywhere else.
1. What is your full name? Do you have a nickname?
Kimblee! Just Kimblee, a lot of Sprouts don’t have familial names.
2. How old are you? When is your birthday?
I’m 22, and my birthday is May 2nd.
3. Where were you born? Where do you live now?
I was born in a tiny town not far from the capitol called Bel’tea. Now i’m travelling with my friends.
4. Who are/were your parents? (Names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
My mother is Hannalore, a seamstress, and my father is Dache, a cobbler. Mom is very quiet but when she does talk you’d better listen. Dad is…very, very traditional. And chivalrous. And full of hot air.
5. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
My siblings, from youngest to oldest, are Adeilee, Korry, Valery, Jordy and Malloree. I’m youngest. Adeilee and Korry are fraternal twins, Valery got married to a farmer, Jordy is insistent upon becoming a sailor and Malloree is mother’s apprentice and will inherit the shop. I always got along best with Jordy, but that’s not saying much.
6. What is/was your occupation?
Druid! I work odd jobs for money usually – healer, animal speaker, stable hand, et cetera.
7. How tall are you? How much do you weigh?
I’m 3-foot-1 and 33 pounds. A bit of a runt, admittedly…I said runt, Nacht, and that was VERY rude! Jeesh.
8. What color is your hair? What color are your eyes?
Brown and green respectively.
9. What is your race/species?
10. To which social class do you belong?
Um…lower class, really, though that’s standard for a Sprout.
11. Do you consider yourself to be attractive? Do others?
Er, um…N-Not really.
She laughs sheepishly. Doll parts and curses tend to turn people off.
12. What is your style of dress?
Anything that fits and is practical. It’s hard to find clothing in my size.
13. Do you have any scars? Tattoos? Birthmarks? Other unique physical features?
Oh where to start…well, I have black marks on my chest and neck from Estiel, a pawn symbol from Nacht on my right hand – said hand is currently made of porcelain by the way, nearly to my elbow now – and I’ve got scars all over my body that mimic the joints of a doll. I think that’s everything.
14. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
I suppose this doll thing is a disease, or a curse. either way my skin is porcelain now – just on a bit of my right arm though. Physically I’m not the strongest person either.
15. Are you right- or left-handed?
Right but I’m forcing myself into ambidexterity recently.
16. What does your voice sound like?
Valery always said my voice sounded like a goldfinch. Whatever that means.
17. What kind of vocabulary do you use?
Er…words? Usually in Ayan?
18. List three quirks or other defining characteristics.
I love bizarre animals, I’m hoping to help save the world, aaaaand I actually enjoy talking with non-Ayans more than Ayans it seems. I mean Nacht, Bobie, William…I’m like some sort of weirdo whisperer.
19. How often do you bathe? Do you wear perfumes? Do you even need to bathe?
I bathe whenever I can manage. No perfume, yuck.
20. What kind of facial expression do you commonly wear (dour glare, wry smile, etc)?
Er…that’s a silly sort of question.
21. Do you use body language? How?
I try to keep to myself.
22. Do you have a commonly used saying?
Lately? It’s a tie between “Run” and “Oh no.”
23. What is your earliest memory?
Playing in the dirt with Adeilee and Korry. Korry and I snuck a worm into Adeilee’s hair.
24. How much schooling have you had? Did you enjoy it?
I learned most things from mother – cooking, cleaning, sewing, all that stuff. I taught myself druidism from the libraries.
25. Where did you learn most of your knowledge and skill?
Mother and my travels. You know sometimes I have to wonder how mother learned so much, she never speaks of her past…
26. How would you describe your childhood in general?
Messy. Lots of bullying by the Ayan children until I started sending cats and spiders after them.
27. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I didn’t know, until that train of Ul passed through on their way to the capitol. I saw one charm a heron right out of the sky and direct a herd of cattle without even a blink. Eventually I learned she was a druid – that heron was her companion. Never got to talk to her…someday I hope we might meet.
28. When and with whom was your first kiss?
I…er…um…h-haven’t had one.
29. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
turns bright red I-I think my prior answer applies here.
30. Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? Does that affect you?
Oh nonono, everyone in my family is pretty dull.
31. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
Going to Jan’nasche. If I hadn’t ended up there I wouldn’t be where I am now – for better or worse.
32. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Living through all this.
33. What is your greatest regret?
I…have many regrets. Lucy, the child in Jan’nasche, my general uselessness…But i’m trying to do better.
34. What is the most embarrassing or shameful thing ever to happen to you?
The loss of Lucy definitely ranks pretty high on my ‘shameful things’ list.
35. Do you have any secrets? If so, what are they?
Well I can’t tell you that, can I?
36. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
Er…does talking to the god of nightmares count?
37. When was the time you were the most frightened?
I live pretty much in constant fear. Standing before Micah Licane ranks pretty high. Right up there with Dream-Estiel.
38. Have you ever traveled outside of your country? If so, to where?
Not yet, but at the rate things are going we might have to.
39. What is your alignment?
Um…good? Trying to do good person?
40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
I try very hard to be optimistic. It’s hard, but I gotta do it.
41. Do you believe in a god? If so, which one and why?
Aya, of course.
42. Do you believe in an afterlife?
There’s very little I don’t believe anymore.
43. What is your greatest fear?
Losing my friends.
44. What makes you angry? Sad? Happy? Why?
Angry – watching people call up demons. Sad – the state of our world. Happy – my friends. I don’t know what I would do without them.
45. Do you think people are basically good or basically evil?
Good. But…sometimes they are weak. And they make evil decisions.
46. What are your views on politics?
Pretty insignificant right now. Except maybe in Skavash.
47. What are your views on gambling, lying, theft, and killing?
Gambling isn’t too terrible, lying can have a purpose, theft is sometimes necessary. Killing…it should be avoided at all cost, but sometimes there is no other way.
48. How far will you go to defend your beliefs?
If by my belief you’re referring to my belief that Estiel SHOULDN’T be ressurected, then pretty dang far. To death, if that’s what it takes.
49. How much do you value money?
Not at all.
50. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any person/thing could do?
Bring demons into the world on purpose – like the original cultists that made Micah Licane.
51. Do you believe in self-sacrifice for the greater good/evil?
For the greater good, always.
52. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
Um…I really don’t know. I hope so.
53. Are you superstitious?
By now I have to be to survive.
54. How much do you respect the beliefs and opinions of others?
As long as they don’t harm anyone I don’t see reason to judge.
55. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings?
Er…I wouldn’t say I’m _dis_honest, but I just don’t talk about myself. More important things to get done.
56. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
Well I am pretty wary of Underdark natives. I’ve heard some very bad stories – but Vektor is a good…er, ok, maybe not a good man. But I wouldn’t trade him for anything. So maybe they aren’t all bad.
DEALING WITH OTHERS
57. Who is the most important person in your life/un-life, and why?
I can’t pick just one, my whole group is important!
58. Who is the person you respect the most? Despise the most? Why?
Respect…I respect Degenes. She’s very stubborn and hot-headed but she always aims to do right. Despise – Estiel. If you count him as a person. He’s the reason all this started.
59. Do you have a significant other? Who? Why?
No, no…Just…haven’t really had anyone I’d say those things to…
She laughs. I’m a druid after all, can’t tie me down!
60. Do you have a lot of friends? Who is your best friend?
I have quite a few, yes. Like I said, I couldn’t pick a best friend…I’m getting along pretty well with Corvus, considering I thought he was a quack when we first met. I’m getting along a lot better with Ren, we had some girl talk. Degenes is brilliant, as is An’nak, though she could stand to have some more social interaction. And Vektor…I’m very fond of Vektor, he’s odd but…I-I’m just fond is all. I think it’s his hair. Oh, and can’t forget my best feathered friend, Koric, and dear Rock.
61. How do you relate to members of the same race? Class? Sex?
I haven’t met many Sprouts outside of Bel’tea, but we get along ok. I enjoy meeting other druids very much. Other women? As long as they don’t tease me we’re good.
62. How do you relate to members of a different race? Class? Sex?
As long as they don’t try to eat or enslave me I have no qualms.
63. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.
Not true love. There was a handsome ayan boy in Bel’tea who asked me to the Harvest Festival dance once when I was about 14. all the Ayan girls helped get me dressed up and ready and then…he was there with another Ayan girl. Apparently it had been a massive prank by all the popular kids. I cried for about a week, then infested their rooms with bats and spiders and snakes. Made me feel better.
64. What do you look for in a potential lover?
I-I dunno…um….I-I dunno! i mean of course it’s crossed my mind and I have a few things I look for, like nicely-kept hair and a generally positive attitude…
65. How close are you to your family?
Not very…Mom and dad didn’t really approve of my career choice.
66. Do you want a marriage, family, and/or children?
No children, pleeeease. But…maybe if we survive…
67. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
Avoid conflict – the traditional Sprout survival technique.
68. Are you a listener or a talker?
Listener. Everyone needs someone to listen sometimes.
69. How long does it usually take for you to trust others?
Not very – generally people make snap judgements of me so if they stick around to bother getting to know me I’ll give them a shot.
70. Do you hold grudges?
I try very hard not to.
71. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
Nono, I’m a supporter, not a leader.
72. Do you like interacting with large groups of people?
It’s worked so far!
73. How well do you express yourself?
Er…well, sometimes I do get upset and I gotta let it out but I try not to bother people.
74. How quickly do you judge others?
I try not to judge, I know how it feels to be dismissed.
75. Do you care what others think of you?
Nah…I’ve got friends and that’s what matters.
76. Do you have any enemies? How or why are they your enemy?
Anything trying to bring Estiel back. And because they’re evil, that’s why!
77. What is your favorite pastime? Color? Food? Possession?
helping nature. Green. Fresh baked bread. My bell bracelet from Bobie.
78. What are your preferences in arts and/or entertainment?
Haven’t had a lot of time for art. I like listening to choirs though.
79. Do you smoke, drink, go whoring, or use drugs? Why or why not?
Nononononoo. I just…don’t. Is that so bad? I must seem terribly dull to you.
80. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
Trying to survive or travelling. Or both. Sometimes I’ll read to Scarlet or chat with Vektor over tea.
81. What is your most cherished fantasy?
w-What do you mean by fantasy exactly?
82. How long is your attention span?
I’m good at paying attention. Druids are a patient lot.
83. Do you laugh a lot? What do you find funny?
It’s more of a nervous laugh. I like watching my friends argue, playfully of course.
84. Is there anything that shocks or offends you? If so, what?
The abominations of Estiel and people who want to spread them.
85. How do you deal with stress?
Talk to the trees. Trees are amazing listeners – except pines, pines are kind of uppity.
86. How much athletic ability do you have? Artistic?
Bahahahaha! me, atheletic? I’ve got enough ability to sprint to safety, that’s about it. Artistic, I don’t have much except my flowers and trees.
87. Do you like animals? Do you like children?
Love animals! Children, not so much. Scarlet’s ok though.
88. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
I prefer a plan.
89. Do you have a pet? If so, what is his/her name? Species? Fur color? Etc…
Koric is my druidic companion – not a pet. He’s a barn owl, light-colored markings and medium size. Very…eclectic.
90. What is your greatest strength as a person? Weakness?
My greatest strength is my compassion, I’d wager. Weakness…apparently my guilt.
91. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
points to her doll hand Duh.
92. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
93. Do you like yourself?
94. Do you have a daily routine? How do you feel if your day is interrupted?
er…I haven’t had a proper routine in months it seems.
95. What goal do you most want to accomplish in the next six months? Your lifetime?
Survive, beat Estiel, go back to help fix Jan’nasche.
96. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?
No clue. Hopefully alive.
97. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
Protecting my friends.
98. What is the one thing you would like to be remembered for after your death?
Being a good friend, a useful friend.
99. What three words would you use to best describe your personality?
Quiet, soft, natural.
100. What would you risk your life for?
My friends, and this world. If it required my sacrifice to stop Estiel I’d gladly make it.